— KNBR (@KNBR) August 7, 2018
Ahead of the Giants’ first home game against the Houston Astros after a six-game road trip, a grease fire broke out at a concession stand. At around 4 p.m. on Monday night, while Giants players were warming up, the fire, along with smoke, became visible from Murph’s Clubhouse Pub, a food vendor on the first level of AT&T Park between sections 119 and 121.
The fire was visible for at least 10 minutes, with smoke emanating from the area for longer. Stadium employees were seen carrying silver fire extinguishers toward the scene and at least three SFPD firefighters arrived on the scene.
According to an SFPD firefighter at the scene, oil grease catches fire when it is improperly maintained, and the grease fire was likely caused by a maintenance issue with the fryer. It is unclear what the exact issue was, but the fryer was removed from the location and disconnected.
For more Giants videos click here.