March 11, 2013
Here is our regular look around the NBA - links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) - done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• A lot of our younger readers read the headline of this story and said "who?" Back in the 1980s Jeff Ruland was a bruising center and a two-time All-Star who averaged a double-double - until the Sixers traded for him in 1986 (sending Moses Malone out). Then Ruland got injured, played just 18 games in two years and never had an impact on the Sixers. Sound familiar?
Ruland told CSNPhilly.com he hopes it is not, that he is betting on Bynum to make it back.
• Through everything, Dwight Howard has remained positive. And it's working.
• Speaking of Lakers who believe, Metta World Peace remains convinced that he's getting a ring this year.
• The Lakers have to catch someone to make the playoffs. Did Daryl Morey's smart long-term play at the deadline hurt the Rockets this year?
• Speaking of the Rockets deadline acquisition, here is a Q&A with Thomas Robinson.
• Kyrie Irving just buys new underwear for every road trip then throws it out when he's done.
• Jermaine O'Neal could be back with the suns on Monday.
• At what point will there be a backlash against how money drives sports?
• DeMarcus Cousins has had a very strange season.
• Looking at the minds of the NBA's best players. Cousins isn't there yet.
• Big Baby Glen Davis has gone vegan.
• Talking about how Rudy Gay and the Toronto Raptors have to learn how to win.
• And we'll end like we began, with a Sixers note - a Q&A with Evan Turner.