The last time the 49ers made a Super Bowl appearance the linebacking corps were the strength of the defense. Players like Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith were some of the best linebackers in the NFL.
Now, the group looks vastly different. The team will get NaVorro Bowman back from injury in 2017, but Larry Krueger believes the 49ers will draft a linebacker to add depth to the position. With the NFL draft a week away, Larry stopped by the KNBR Digital Lounge to drops three players from each position that he thinks the 49ers should have interest in.
- Blair Brown, University of Ohio – Brown has had over 100 tackles last year at Ohio. He also had an impressive combine, and tested at a 37 inch vertical and a sub 4.7 second 40 yard dash. Brown has excellent speed, he is a very productive and instinctive player.
- Elijah Lee, K-State – Lee has had over 110 tackles last year. Overall, Lee has phenomenal athleticism, ball skills and plenty of room to grow.
- Ukeme Eligwe, Georgia Southern – Eligwe was a four star prospect out of high school and played for Florida State on their National Championship team. He has had 104 tackles and forced three fumbles this past year.
- Jimmie Gilbert, University of Colorado – Gilbert comes from a very athletic family. He has had 10.5 sacks and six forced fumbles last year. Larry thinks Gilbert needs to continue to get stronger but is a player who can really bully quarterbacks.
- Ejuan Price, Pittsburgh – Last year Price had thirteen sacks, he was first team all ACC. He is a very productive player that can quickly smell out sack opportunities and is not afraid to take chances.
- Samson Ebukam, Eastern Washington- Born in Nigeria, has had nine and half sacks this year. Ebukam had a 39 1/2 inch vertical and ran sub four five. Ebukum had an exceptional all star game and is extremely athletic.
For more KNBR 49er coverage, CLICK HERE