The Warriors announced five modifications that will be made to their logo for the 2019-20 season, their first at the Chase Center, their new San Francisco home.
Here’s what’s coming per the Warriors:
- The Golden State Warriors’ new ‘Primary Icon’ and ‘Global Logo’ depicts a more accurate portrayal of the Bay Bridge, adding in subtle details on the bridge span, and represents the Warriors’ standing as the Bay Area’s professional basketball team.
- The Warriors previous identity used Copperplate font, and the new ‘Global Logo’ will utilize a custom font. The new, custom font will also be featured in the team’s word mark.
- The Warriors primary blue has been refreshed and will now be a slightly darker shade in all of the logos and reflected in the team’s on-court jerseys and apparel.
- The new “W” secondary logo has been updated to match our new custom font and overall modernized aesthetic, and will be featured on the belt of the team’s uniform shorts.
- The Warriors will also have updated versions of ‘The Town’ and ‘The City’ logos.
Though unofficial, a sports logo website with access to a European trademark site has pictures of the new logos. Here’s what the updated Bay Bridge logo will reportedly look like:
And here are mock ups for the other new logos: