Kendrick Bourne posted that he ran routes with Jimmy G along with WRs Jalen Hurd, Dante Pettis, Shawn Poindexter, and Trent Taylor on his IG Story today 👀 | #49ers
— OurSF49ers (@OurSf49ers) May 22, 2020
The gang’s all back together, folks. In this case, “all” means about six people, but that represents a decent chunk of the 49ers’ receiving corps and starting quarterback, James Richard Garoppolo.
Per Kendrick Bourne’s Instagram, which is one of the most absurd and consistently funny forms of entertainment on the internet, he and four other wide receivers ran routes “on air” (meaning no contact) with Garoppolo. He has since deleted the video.
The group, per Bourne’s video, was Garoppolo, Bourne, Dante Pettis, Jalen Hurd, Shawn Poindexter and Trent Taylor. At last check, Deebo Samuel is down in Texas working out with Adrian Peterson and Trent Williams.
Bourne was recently at home in Oregon, where he was visited by Kwon Alexander in the past month, and worked out with Trent Taylor in the past week. Dante Pettis was in Santa Barbara in the last week, and it appears the group was together on Friday somewhere in the Bay Area.
California Gavin Newsom said on May 18 that sports could return to California by the first week of June, without fans. On May 15, the NFL allowed team to begin reopening facilities, mainly for players with injuries to get treatment, with the following guidelines:
- Teams are not allowed to have more than 50 percent of staff in the facility, and the number cannot exceed 75 people. That total is for all club locations combined.
- No members of the coaching staff are permitted to return to the facility in order to “ensure equity among all 32 clubs.” The strength and conditioning coach may continue work in the facility only if said person “is currently participating in player rehabilitation.”
- No players are allowed in the facility other than those currently undergoing treatment.
- Teams must promptly report any incidence of COVID-19 in the facility.
- Teams must promptly report any change in government regulations.
OTAs have been conducted virtually to this point. Training camp typically begins in late July.
For more 49ers videos click here.